Stealth Electric Bikes Pty Ltd ACN 146 963 055 (“we” “us”)
your privacy is important to us. We are committed to protecting your privacy when managing your personal information. We have policies and procedures to ensure that all personal information is handled carefully and securely in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles(APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Privacy Act”).
- what kind of personal information we may gather about you;
- how we may use that information and the choices you have regarding our use of such information;
- whether we disclose your personal information to anyone;
- how you may inquire, access and/or seek correction of your personal information and our access and correction handling procedure; and
- how you may alert us about an alleged breach of the APPs and our complaint handling procedure.
Collection of information
The types of information that we collect from you will depend on the circumstances of collection and on the service that we are providing to you.
Personal information The type of personal information collected will be directly related to the specified purpose it has been collected for. How much of your personal information that you choose to disclose to us is completely up to you. The only way we know something about you personally is if you provide it to us. However, failure to provide certain information may result in us being unable to provide you with the relevant product or service. We will make you aware of the purpose for which we collect the personal information and, where possible, the consequences of not providing it at the time of collection. We never give your information to third parties.
- If you request products or services from us, we may collect information such as your name and contact details (i.e. billing and/or postal address, phone number(s) or email address), and/or payment details.
- If you sign up to use a particular service such as our newsletter(s) and e-newsletters, mail outs (about product updates and developments, special events or promotions), loyalty or rewards program(s) or enter into a competition operated by us, we may collect information such as and your interests and any other information required to provide that service to you (in addition to your name and contact details).
- If you make an inquiry, provide feedback or make a complaint to us, we may collect your name and contact details.
- If you are applying for employment with us, we may collect any information that is relevant to such employment including your name and contact details (i.e. residential address, phone number(s) and/or email address) any other information relevant to the recruitment process (including any information contained in the application form and your resume).
You acknowledge that the personal information we collect from you is your own information or information which you have been authorized to provide us.
Where unsolicited information is received by us (such as through our Facebook page) we will determine, within a reasonable period of time, whether or not we would be permitted to collect the information under the APPs. If it would not be permitted for us to collect the information, we will destroy the information or ensure it is de-identified as soon as practicable. Otherwise, we may retain the information in accordance with the terms of this policy.
We may also collect information about visitors to our website(s). For example, we may collect and record:
- your IP address, cookie information, the date, time and duration of visits and pages you visited;
- the name of the domain/URL from which you access our websites;
However, we do not collect information about the identity of the visitors unless they voluntarily provide that information.
Method of collection
Personal information will only be collected through lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive way. We collect your personal information when you deal with us directly, including via our website(s) or our Facebook page, via forms or correspondence (i.e. by mail or email), over the phone or in person. We may also collect personal information through our related bodies corporate and our third-party service providers (such as data relating to survey responses) so that we may provide a better or more relevant product to you.
Use of Information
Use of personal information
We will use the personal information you have chosen to provide us for the purpose for which you provided it or a related secondary purpose which you would reasonably expect. We will not use it for any other purpose without your consent, unless permitted or required by law.
Generally, we will use your personal information for the following purposes:
- providing the products and/or services you have requested from us including for example:
- to process sales transactions (whether in store or online);
- to deliver the products or services to you;
- to register you for a service requested by you, such as our newsletter(s) and e-newsletters, mail outs, rewards program(s) or competitions and administering such services;
- to manage warranty claims and recalls;
- to process refunds; and
- to respond to any inquiries, feedback or complaints made by you; and
- direct marketing of products and services which we believe may interest you, including product updates and developments, special events or promotions;
- to assist us to improve our products and services and making them more relevant to you;
- to assist us to improve our website(s) or Facebook page;
- otherwise managing our internal business operations and processes.
We will only use your personal information for the purpose of direct marketing activities where we have obtained your consent to do so, or in circumstances where we have collected the information directly from you and you would reasonably expect that your personal information would be used or disclosed for this purpose. We may also share your personal information with our related entities, so that they can provide you directly with marketing material about their products and services.
We will provide you with the opportunity to “opt out” of receiving marketing materials at the time of collection and/or at any time afterwards by either unsubscribing from the email service or contacting our Privacy Officer via the contact details provided below.
Use of anonymous information
We gather anonymous information to:
- monitor the use of our website(s);
- help us make improvements to the website(s); and
- offer relevant information and services to as many users as possible.
There will be occasions where it will be necessary for us to disclose your personal information to third parties. We may disclose your personal information to:
- contractors and third-party service providers on a confidential basis that we use in the ordinary course of our business to assist with the delivery of our products or services. This includes organisations such as marketing agencies, data processing companies, printing and mailing houses, delivery companies, data storage companies (which may use cloud computing storage systems which have the potential to make your personal information accessible by overseas entities) or finance agencies or debt collection agencies;
- other members of our corporate group for marketing purposes (subject to obtaining your prior consent);
- government authorities or other third parties as required by law; or
- any other purpose you have consented to.
Cross Border Disclosure
We may disclose personal information to overseas recipients, who are located in places such as the UK, Sweden, Germany, Singapore, Hong Kong the United States of America and other countries or jurisdictions depending on the nature of the services those recipients provide to Us (for example storing data via a cloud service, or where Stealth Electric Bike’s customer relationship management system is hosted on servers located overseas, or where delivery address information for online orders is managed via a third party located overseas).
Otherwise than stated above, we do not disclose personal information that you may give us to any organisation or person outside of us unless you have authorised us to do so.
No sale of personal information
Under no circumstances will we sell or receive payment for licensing or disclosing your personal information.
The security of your information is important to us. We operate secure data networks that are designed to protect your privacy and security. When we have collected information about you it cannot be seen or modified by anyone else. We have implemented generally acceptable standards of technology and operational security to ensure personal information (in both physical and electronic form) is protected against loss, misuse, interference and unauthorized access.
Only authorized personnel and contractors are provided access to personal information and have agreed to ensure the confidentiality of this information. Reasonable steps are taken to destroy or permanently de-identify any personal information that is no longer required.
We review and update our security measures in light of current technologies. You should however be aware that the internet is not a secure environment and information sent via the internet (including email) cannot be guaranteed to be totally secure.
Data Quality, Access and Correction
We will generally provide you with access to your personal information within 30 days, subject to some exceptions permitted by law. We will also generally provide access in the manner that you have requested (e.g. by providing photocopies or allowing a file to be viewed), provided it is reasonable and practicable for us to do so. We may however charge a fee to cover our reasonable costs of locating the information and providing it to you.
We will try to ensure that all information we collect, use or disclose about you is accurate, complete, up-to-date and relevant to the service being provided. If you are a subscriber to one of our online services or products, you may change your personal information by accessing your subscriber/account details via the relevant facility on our website(s).
Complaints about privacy
Post: Privacy Officer, Stealth Electric Bikes Pty Ltd, PO Box 16, Sandown Village, VIC 3171
Telephone: +61 3 9574 0257
E-mail: [email protected]
Online: Customer Enquiry & Feedback Form
Changes to this policy
“Personal information” has the same meaning as in the Privacy Act of Australia.